I’m feeling restless with my current socks. I like them, but I keep itching to cast on new socks. Here’s what is on the needles now:
I’ve received a few questions about my Paas dyed yarn, specifically: “How did you get all those colors by just throwing it all in the pot?”
I should have explained this in my original post. Obviously, it wasn’t just a case of tossing the dye and yarn together and hoping for the best. It was actually a comedy of errors that managed to turn out wonderfully.
I originally dyed the yarn pink. However, the yarn sucked up the dye before I could get the whole skein swished around, so the skein was about half pink and half not dyed. I decided to mix up the ‘spring green’ dye tablet and paint the undyed portions of the skein. However, being the klutz that I am, I accidentally dropped the green dye tablet in the dye bath, and not the in container I had set aside for it. The pink and green combined to make a color that can only be described as ‘dog puke brown’. It wasn’t pretty.
At this point, I just wanted to save the skein so I picked the darkest color tablet (‘denim’) and mixed up two tablets of this color. I poured the dark blue dye into the dye pot, mixed it up and walked away for an hour or so. When I returned, I was very happy to see the green/blue/yellow/touch-of-pink skein that you saw in the last post.
Maybe I’ll cast this yarn on the needles next. I’m curious to see how it turns out.
Samantha recently discovered my shawl lying across the back of the couch. She pulled it down, balled it up and went to sleep:
Kishka is a simple girl. She just uses the pillow: